Guilt is the most destructive human emotion
What is guilt?
- Out of all creation guilt is found only in man. It is basically anger against your own self for perceiving yourself as a bad person for having done something bad.
When guilt is essential to control your wild and primitive urges for the survival of the society and human species, it is a healthy social guilt.
- For example, beating a blind person or killing someone in anger will create tremendous guilt within you. That’s why you refrain from doing such acts.
- This helps to keep at least some reasonable levels of sanity in the social order. If there was no guilt then it will become a jungle raj and the social life will break down. It’s what is happening today in some of our Indian states and countries like Afghanistan, Burma, Somalia, etc.
- But when guilt starts destroying you own self from inside, then it is a very harmful neurotic guilt.
- For example, you stole some money when you were a small innocent child, or you did not come up to the expectations of your elders in academics.
That thing is long over in your life but you still curse and criticize yourself silently for ‘such a wrong and shameful act’.
- Nothing can be done ‘to correct’ that past mistake today. But you keep on repeatedly punishing yourself even today by condemning yourself.
- This self-destruction is like white termites eating you alive from inside and soon destroys your happiness and peace of mind………
How does guilt develop?
- All of us suffer from guilt to various degrees.
Do’s and don’ts about sex and religion are the most widely prevalent guilt makers. Parents, teachers, priests and society all contribute to make you guilty.
"You would do this if you really loved me."
"If you talk back, you are a bad son."
"I’ll die if you don’t do as I say."
"You have brought shame on our family honour."
"If you don’t give donation to the temple, then God will not love you and you are not a good man."
"If you go out with the opposite sex, then you are a characterless bad person."………
So what is the harmful influence of guilt?
- Guilty person feels inferior, under-confident and insecure.
- He has a low self-esteem. The more is the hidden guilt more is the inferiority complex, under-confidence and insecurity.
- Therefore, either a guilty person
- becomes an introverted shy and nervous person,
- or always feels fear of ‘what will people say’,
- or starts drowning himself in addictions like alcohol or drugs,
- or becomes a workaholic to prove to himself and others that he is good at least somewhere,
- or tries to be a perfectionist,
- or develops some stress-related disease like pimples, skin allergies, migraine, diabetes, BP, heart disease, asthma, etc.
- or tries to be an ideal mate, an ideal parent, an ideal child, an ideal employee, an ideal teacher, etc………
How to handle guilt constructively then?
- You have been brought up in a civilized human society. Therefore, at times you had been judged as wrong by your elders and society in the past.
- You carry its long-term effects in the shape of guilt even today.
- You may not remember those incidences today. Or you might have learnt by now to live with them peacefully. Alternatively, you may rationalize that it was all done with good intensions. Or you may justify that all that done was for your own benefit ultimately.
- But first of all, you have to accept that the small innocent child within you had been traumatized by those painful experiences. Thosemental scars may not be visible today, but they silently suck out your daily life’s energy through guilt.
- The following steps will help you in dealing with your guilt effectively:
- Accept your imperfections and your human "grey" nature - neither absolutely black nor absolutely white.
Witness the thoughts of guilt when they arise through meditation.
- Understand through meditation that actions can be good or bad. But you are always good. You are different from your actions………
- Express your guilt to a trusted friend or counsellor in a relaxed unhurried setting.
Or imagine that your "crime" was done by your best friend and not by you. Now "advise" him how really insignificant that blunder is.
- If it’s OK for your best friend to make that blunder as a human being, then it’s OK for you too to accept yourself as a human being.
- It’s very important to accept mistakes and take corrective actions.
- But it’s not right to just keep on feeling guilty for that mistake and not do anything concrete………
C] Improving your self-esteem
- Feeling guilty does not mean that you are a "caring human being". Striving for improvement is correct but feeling guilty for your imperfections is silly.
It’s good to learn from your mistakes of the past but don’t put yourself into a cage of guilt. Feeling guilty makes the situation even worse and pushes you in a vicious cycle………
D] Setting down-to-earth standards
- Don’t look for‘approval’ from others. Make your own realistic standards of behaviours.
- God made your imperfect and, therefore, forgives youfor taking imperfect decisions. If He can forgive you, then why can’t you forgive yourself?
- Therefore, make your own realistic moral codes. Stick to them. Only you are the judge of your own actions.
- Don’t judge yourself by the standards set by others………
But I am still not able to be totally free of my deep guilt. What to do then?
- Then you definitely need a personalized guidance. You can contact Dr. Arora in such a situation………
OK. I have understood clearly the whole thing. Now are there any mind power solutions for my problems by post?
- Sorry. We are sure you understand by now that there can be no mind power postal solution for your complex problems.
- Only a totally customized and personalized package of various mind power techniques taught to you personally by Dr. Arora can remove your various difficulties………
Can I get rid of my problems totally in your Online Course?
- Yes, surely very much. If you cannot come to Pune personally, then you can take your training online through Skype.
- The results of our online mind power training through Skype are the same as your personal mind power training in Pune.
- All the results depend on you and your own practice of the various mind power skills that Dr. Arora will be teaching you………
I heard that you also give free life-membership?
- Sure. After doing our Basic Course in Pune you get a life-membership for our Basic Group Course without any extra charges.
- To upgrade your mind power skills, you are welcome to repeat the whole or the partial Basic Group Course of Dr. Arora’s 7 MIND SECRETSany number of times any time in your life in the future………
How to solve my personal problems then?
- There are only 2 steps in solving your personal problems:
You have already taken the first and the mostimportant step. That was to take initiative and find out on the net how to go about solving your problems.
- This most crucial step has already taken you on the right path. By taking this step you have already solved 49% of your problems. Yes, you read correctly…49%!!!
- It’s because finally YOU decided that “I have to take charge of my life. That it’s high time I did something constructive to solve my personal problems. It’s my life after all. For this I am willing to take a professional help”………
What is the remaining 51% step now?
- Pleasecall us at +919371019517or +919890930815 for your personal appointment with us.
- Please note that because of the availability of very limited seats in our training course only a few appointments are given in a day.
- Please note that we are here to help you to solve your problems from their roots. For this we have to give you total personal attention in our counselling and training.
- Therefore, for the sake of maintaining our very high-quality standards, Dr. Arora takes up very limited participants in our group training sessions.
- Dr. Arora, a medical doctor, is a self-realized soul and does not give any medicines or do any surgery.
- In the last 4 decades he has already helped thousands of people like you of both sexes and all ageswith various personal problems from all walks of life.
- He will help you too to solve your problems totally.
- He will personally guide you to realize your life’s big dreams through his customized and tailor-made mind power counselling and training for you………
Please CALL US TODAY on +91 9371019517 or +91 9890930815.